Debra Sullivan, Ph.D., MSN, R.N., CNE, COI
Dr. Debra Sullivan is a nurse educator with over 20 years of teaching experience. Her expertise includes cardiology, psoriasis and dermatology, pediatrics, complementary medicine, and workplace burnout syndrome. She has held many leadership roles in her nursing career.
- Houston Baptist Nursery, ADN
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, BSN
- University of Texas at Tyler, MSN
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, PhD
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Certified Online Instructor
- Certificate Holder in Fundamentals of Magnet
- Her recent research and presentations have focused on the mental health of nurses and nurse burnout, and also on cultural humility
- As co-editor of the journal Nursing Clinics of North America, she co-authored an article on nurse burnout, titled “Systematic Review of Burnout in US Nurses” (March 2022)
ABOUT OUR MEDICAL REVIEW PROCESS
Stumbling upon health and wellness tips is easy. It's non-stop,
everywhere. But knowing that you found vetted, trustworthy, and relevant
information? Absolute work. Greatist is here to make the journey easier.
We’re distilling health information into stories that make sense, so you
can focus on feeling your best as yourself.