This individual is no longer a medical reviewer in our network. The credentials and contact information reflected here may not be current.
Dr. Brenda B. Spriggs, clinical professor emerita at the University of California, San Francisco, is ABMS board certified in internal medicine and rheumatology. She is a recognized authority in her specialty, subject matter expert, media spokesperson, thought leader, and author. Dr. Spriggs is co-author of “Focus on Your Best Health: Smart Guide to The Health Care You Deserve,” a book that offers practical solutions to the most common barriers faced by health care consumers: communication, navigation, and advocacy.
- Fisk University, BA
- Meharry Medical College, MD
- University of California, Los Angeles, MPH
- Peter F. Drucker Graduate School of Management, MBA
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Rheumatology
- Fellow American College of Physicians
- Founding Fellow American College of Rheumatology
- Co-founder of Newell & Spriggs Consulting, LLC, a healthcare company dedicated to meeting the evolving needs of consumers in the healthcare marketplace; services include health care coaching and advocacy.
- Provided organizational structure and led 800-member physician group through transition following merger of Children’s Physician Associates, Inc. (Children’s Hospital, San Francisco) and Pacific Physician Associates (Presbyterian Hospital, San Francisco) into a new entity, California Pacific Medical Associates, Inc.
- Regional Rheumatology Medical Coordinator of the National Arthritis Act, charged with implementing the clinical/teaching component in Northern California and the Central Valley. Pilot project served as a national model for delivery of effective, coordinated rheumatologic care and education of residents and health professionals.