Avi Varma, MD, MPH, AAHIVS, FAAFP
Dr. Avi Varma is an ABMS board certified family medicine physician and public health advocate working for a nonprofit fighting the HIV epidemic in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Varma is an HIV Specialist™ (AAHIVS), certified through the American Academy of HIV Medicine.
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, MPH
- American University of Antigua, MD
- American Board of Family Medicine – Family Medicine
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians
- HIV Specialist™ (AAHIVS)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Department of Transportation Certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS)
- Completed her master’s degree in public health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Medical volunteer for the Cobb and Douglas Medical Reserve Corps
ABOUT OUR MEDICAL REVIEW PROCESS
Stumbling upon health and wellness tips is easy. It's non-stop,
everywhere. But knowing that you found vetted, trustworthy, and relevant
information? Absolute work. Greatist is here to make the journey easier.
We’re distilling health information into stories that make sense, so you
can focus on feeling your best as yourself.