Alan Carter, Pharm.D.
Dr. Alan Carter is a clinical pharmacist with interests in medical research, pharmacy practice, and medication formulary management. He is an independent contracted medical director for pharmaceutical development, clinical pharmacy specialist, and adjunct clinical assistant professor of pharmacy.
- University of Missouri – Kansas City, BS, PharmD
- Licensed Pharmacist
- Kansas Board of Pharmacy
- Missouri Board of Pharmacy
- Certified Immunizing Pharmacist
- Certified Smoking Cessation Specialist
- Published 20 journal articles to date, performs medical journal peer review, and serves on many professional committees and boards
- Awarded the Pharmacy Career Achievement Award by the University of Missouri – Kansas City, 2019
- Served as Principal Investigator for the National Institutes of Health, NINDS BRAIN Initiative for Neurological Drug Development, 2015-2018
ABOUT OUR MEDICAL REVIEW PROCESS
Stumbling upon health and wellness tips is easy. It's non-stop,
everywhere. But knowing that you found vetted, trustworthy, and relevant
information? Absolute work. Greatist is here to make the journey easier.
We’re distilling health information into stories that make sense, so you
can focus on feeling your best as yourself.