An exotic relative of our blueberry and cranberry, açaí berries are over-flowing with antioxidants (of the anthocyanin variety, just like red wine) and have healthy fats. The frozen pulp (sold in packets in most grocery stores) blends up perfectly with other fruits and vegetables for this delicious smoothie bowl. Top with granola and seeds, and this recipe will kick-start the day or carry you from midafternoon to dinner feeling full of energy.
- 2 packs (100 g each) frozen açai pulp or purée
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1 medium banana
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup granola (we used hemp granola)
- Combine açai, spinach, kale, 1/2 banana, and almond milk in a blender until smooth.
- Slice remaining 1/2 banana.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with hemp seeds, sliced banana, and granola.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Juice Generation: 100 Recipes for Fresh Juices and Superfood Smoothies by Eric Helms.