Breakfast tacos aren't just for brunching at a restaurant. Sometimes the
hangover morning makes it too hard to get dressed and look presentable enough to be seen in public. That's where this easy breakfast taco recipe comes in to play. They aren't just any old tacos either. Mashing the lentils into the shell gives it a unique spin, proving that black beans aren't the only legume that works in this Mexican-inspired dish.
Lentil Breakfast Tacos
1 tablespoon ghee or butter
6 (4-inch) corn tortillas
1 cup lentils
1 cup salsa
2 avocados, sliced
1. Heat ghee or butter in a large pan.
2. In a medium bowl, scramble eggs together with a splash of water (this helps make them fluffy!).
3. Cook until your desired consistency.
4. Warm tortillas over the burner or heat briefly in oven.
5. Tuck eggs, lentils, salsa, and avocado into the shell and enjoy.