We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Greatist only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Your bed frame can enhance the aesthetics of your room, and it plays a big role in distributing the weight of your mattress.
From wood to metal, adjustable to fixed, there are a lot of different bed frames out there. Overwhelmed by the options? We put together our list of top picks to help.
- Best adjustable: Purple PowerBase
- Best low profile: Helix Natural Wood Frame
- Best splurge: Casper Haven Bed Frame
- Best for the environment: Avocado City Bed Frame
- Best under $150: Zinus SmartBase Mattress Foundation
- Best platform: Zinus Lottie Upholstered Square Stitched Platform Bed Frame
- Best high tech: Reverie 9T Adjustable Bed Base
- Best canopy: DHP Rosedale Metal Canopy Bed
- Best modular: Floyd Queen Bed Frame
Finding the perfect queen bed is no easy task! When looking for the best queen bed frames, we considered lots of factors, including:
- price range
- brand reputation
- compliance with safety regulations
- compliance with environmental standards
- customer reviews
After searching the internet high and low, we bring you the crème de la crème of queen beds on the market. Keep scrolling to find out what’s so special about our top picks.
We made sure to include a wide variety of queen bed options for every price point.
- $ = under $500
- $$ = $500–$1,000
- $$$ = over $1,000
1. Best adjustable queen bed frame:
The Queen of Customization is here, and it’s called the Purple PowerBase! This queen bed is completely adjustable. You can tailor its height and position to your heart’s delight.
Other cool features:
- a setting to relieve pressure point pain
- under-bed lighting
- targeted vibration designed for sore muscles
2. Best low profile queen bed frame:
Type: Wood frame
For a low profile queen bed, check out the Helix Natural Wood Frame. This bed is super easy to assemble. The platform just snaps together, so you’ll need a grand total of zero tools to set it up.
It’s made from three types of 100 percent solid wood, and the wooden joints guarantee a creak-free night’s sleep. Bye, squeaky noises!
3. Best splurge queen bed frame:
Type: Upholstery Fabric: 70% Wool, 20% Polyester, 5% Acrylic, 5% Nylon
4. Best queen bed frame for the environment:
Type: Wood frame
Searching for an eco-friendly queen bed? The Avocado City Bed Frame might be the one for you! This queen bed is made from solid Beech wood and 100 percent FSC-certified fir, and it doesn’t use any toxic glue.
Its patented interlocking corner design means this bed is easy to move around, but the wooden frame is still sturdy. It has a 10-year warranty, but be aware that you won’t be able to return it.
Bonus: You can choose from several custom-made accessories (like bookcases) that fit right onto the bed frame.
5. Best queen bed frame under $150:
Type: Metal frame
Looking for a wallet-friendly queen bed? The Zinus SmartBase might be just what you need! Don’t let the price fool you — this queen bed frame is affordable but sturdy.
The metal frame comes in two pieces that snap together for a super easy assembly. And it doesn’t require a box spring — the frame is designed to provide the support you need for a good night o’ sleep.
6. Best platform queen bed frame:
Type: Metal frame
If all you really need is a sturdy platform bed that’s still easy on the eyes, this frame is a solid choice.
You’ll get the look of fabric upholstery, the stability of a steel frame, and the comfort of foam padding. It also comes with a headboard and doesn’t require a box spring. For easy setup, you can find all the tools and instructions in a convenient pocket at the back of the headboard.
7. Best high tech queen bed frame:
On the hunt for a high tech queen bed? The Reverie 9T Adjustable Bed Base is dreamy technology at its finest! With the option to set its legs at three different heights, getting in and out of your bed just got easier.
Bonus: This bed has a massaging feature and comes with a 20-year limited warranty.
8. Best canopy queen bed frame:
Type: Metal frame
Want to add a touch of glam to your room? The DHP Rosedale Metal Canopy Bed has you covered. You can drape it with fabric to give this queen bed the royal treatment or let it stand out as your bedroom’s centerpiece all by itself.
It’s made of sturdy metal and available in three colors (black, gold, and white). It also comes with multiple support bars underneath to help secure your mattress.
9. Best modular queen bed frame:
Type: Wood frame
Tired of replacing your entire bed frame every time you want to change the size of your mattress? The Floyd Queen Bed Frame’s modular design means you can just add more panels to upgrade your mattress size.
Made in the United States from FSC-certified wood and powder-coated steel, the Floyd Queen Bed Frame also comes with an optional under-bed storage space. It’s the perfect spot for keeping your extra bedding handy.
Bonus: This bed frame comes with a 30-day free return policy and a 10-year warranty.
Here are our best tips for choosing the queen bed you’ve been dreaming of:
- Make sure it fits your room. Yes, you need to make sure your bed will fit inside your bedroom. But you’ll also need space to move around! Take into account an extra 2 to 3 feet on each side and at the foot of the bed when you’re doing the math.
- Choose reputable manufacturers. Stay away from brands that aren’t transparent about their product policy or aren’t willing to provide contact details up front.
- Check for product warranties. Check out what the manufacturer’s product warranty covers and how long it’s valid.
- Look up online reviews. Find out what people are saying about that particular queen bed. Too many negative comments are never a good sign!
The best queen mattresses
- Best for back support: Brooklyn Bedding Signature Queen Mattress
- Best for back sleepers: Helix Moonlight Queen Mattress
- Best for cooling comfort: The Original Casper Queen Mattress
- Best for couples: Nectar Queen Mattress
- Best for the environment: Zoma Hybrid Queen Mattress
- Best under $1,000: The DreamCloud Queen Mattress
- Best for side sleepers: Leesa Original Queen Mattress
- Best under $300: Sealy Innerspring Queen Mattress
- Best under $500: Sunrising Bedding Queen Mattress