Heel drive, foot placement, stability, oh my! Find out which shoes work best for weight training, and why your feet might be ready for a change
Whole-Wheat Linguine with Asparagus and Lemon
Recipe: Whole-Wheat Linguine with Asparagus and Lemon
What You'll Need:
8 oz. whole-wheat linguine (or other long, skinny pasta)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup vegetable stock
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for garnish
What to Do:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook until al dente, approximately 8 to10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large sautée pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and let them cook (without browning) until fragrant, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and garlic, and season with salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook until asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and continue cooking until it’s almost fully reduced.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the linguine, parmesan cheese, and remaining black pepper, and toss well.
- Garnish with additional lemon zest and shaved parmesan and serve immediately.
What's your favorite way to prepare whole-wheat pasta? Share with us in the comments below, or start a convrsation in our Greatist Community #foodlover forum!