California Spinach Salad
There’s nothing better— or healthier— than a refreshing spinach salad (just watch out for these!). On a bed of dark, nutritious greens, this California-inspired creation is topped off with creamy avocado, crunchy bell peppers, and a delicious homemade dressing. Healthy dinners never tasted so good!
What You’ll Need:
8 cups fresh spinach leaves
3 handfuls of alfalfa sprouts
2 bell peppers
For the dressing:
1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 medium lime, juiced
1/4 cup chopped chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce (about 1/3 of a medium pepper)
1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Pepper, to taste
What to Do:
- Pile on the desired amount of spinach leaves in a salad bowl or plate.
- Slice up the avocado and the bell pepper, and add to salad.
- Sprinkle a handful of alfalfa sprouts on top.
- Make dressing. There are two ways to do this: If you have a small food processor or blender, throw all of the ingredients in it and pulse until well-combined. If doing things by hand, chop all ingredients very finely and stir until well-combined.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine.
You May Also Like
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.