With 7 core ingredients and only 15 minutes of active prep time, this hearty autumn meal will leave you feeling full of the good stuff!
California Spinach Salad
There’s nothing better— or healthier— than a refreshing spinach salad (just watch out for these!). On a bed of dark, nutritious greens, this California-inspired creation is topped off with creamy avocado, crunchy bell peppers, and a delicious homemade dressing. Healthy dinners never tasted so good!
What You’ll Need:
8 cups fresh spinach leaves
3 handfuls of alfalfa sprouts
2 bell peppers
For the dressing:
1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 medium lime, juiced
1/4 cup chopped chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce (about 1/3 of a medium pepper)
1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Pepper, to taste
What to Do:
- Pile on the desired amount of spinach leaves in a salad bowl or plate.
- Slice up the avocado and the bell pepper, and add to salad.
- Sprinkle a handful of alfalfa sprouts on top.
- Make dressing. There are two ways to do this: If you have a small food processor or blender, throw all of the ingredients in it and pulse until well-combined. If doing things by hand, chop all ingredients very finely and stir until well-combined.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine.
Comments Leave a comment
How much olive oil do you need? It isn't listed in the ingredients.
This salad looks great. I am going to guess that step #4 does not actually come into play in this recipe, and give it a try tonight.