Packed with vitamin A, which helps keep the immune system healthy, pumpkin may help keep the colds at bay. The effects of methanolic, chloroform, and ethylacetate extracts of the Cucurbita pepo L. on the delay type hypersensitivity and antibody production. Jafarian A, Zolfaghari B, Parnianifard M. Research in pharmaceutical sciences, 2012, Dec.;7(4):1735-5362. But who wants to bake an entire pie? Enjoy the same flavors of the holiday dessert any time of year with this smoothie.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/4 cup pecans (plus more for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (plus more for topping)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or other liquid sweetener (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Top with additional pecans and cinnamon.