It's that time of year—everything seems to be pumpkin flavored, from coffee to cookies to oatmeal and now waffles and pancakes! Try this healthier way to enjoy that tangy, sweet, and spicy pumpkin cheesecake flavor without all the calories and fat.
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup regular rolled oats (gluten-free if needed!)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- 3 packets granulated stevia (or 2 tablespoons granulated cane sugar/coconut palm sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional, double pumpkin pie spice if not using)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
What to Do:
- You can use this batter to make waffles or pancakes—decide which you'd like, and heat your waffle iron or skillet (to medium-high heat).
- In a small food processor or blender, and blend together the rolled oats, flaxseed, stevia or sugar, spices, and baking powder.
- Add in the pumpkin, egg whites, and milk, and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the batter into waffle maker (or onto a non-stick skillet).
- As the waffles are cooking, warm the honey in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, stir in the cream cheese until a smooth consistency is reached.
- When the waffles are finished cooking, pour the cream cheese sauce over them, sprinkle with cinnamon, and dig in!