Get ready to use cauliflower like you’ve never seen it before! With this inventive recipe, grated cauliflower is used as the foundation for the dough, avoiding the carb-overload that comes along with traditional pizza. The crust sticks together with the addition of yogurt and egg. Another big bonus? Cauliflower is full of antioxidants and may even help prevent some types of cancer.
- For crust:
- 2 cups grated cauliflower (about 1/2 head)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- For topping:
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- Cooked vegetables (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cauliflower on a clean, thin dish towel. Wrap up in the middle and twist closed, squeezing out all the moisture.
- Place dry cauliflower into a bowl and add yogurt, eggs, and spices. Fold mixture until evenly combined.
- Place dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread mixture with hands until about 3/4-inch thick. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and firm enough to hold its shape.
- Remove crust from oven and top with marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella, and veggies. if desired. Return pizza to oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.