This is THE morning after dish, my saving grace after a liquid night out. So simple and so good, you may find yourself preparing it without the hangover.
- Yields: 1-4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: about 30 minutes
- Active: about 5-10
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes, sliced, diced or cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-10 cloves of garlic, smashed and chopped fine
- 2 inch piece of ginger, smashed and chopped fine
- 1 serrano pepper, diced and seeded if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- a chile-ginger sauce such as, Sriracha or Linham’s
- sour cream
- 2 eggs per person
- olive oil and butter
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to large skillet on medium-high heat. Add potaoes, onion and salt & pepper. Toss to coat and allow to cook for about 10 minutes or untill potatoes begin to soften. Add garlic, serrano, and ginger, toss, reduce heat to medium and cover until potaoes are cooked, about another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir and crack eggs onto potatoes and then return lid. Cook until eggs are just set, 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with generous amounts to taste of both the chile sauce and the sour cream.