Mango lends a luscious and elegant dimension to fresh lemonade, and a dash of Angostura bitters underscores the sweet tartness of the drink. This perfect spring or summer refresher from Ayesha Curry is delicious as-is, but you could certainly spike it with vodka or a complementary liqueur for a sunny, vibrant cocktail. The recipe calls for honey mangoes, also commonly labeled as Ataúlfo or Champagne mangoes, a smaller, bright golden-yellow variety from Mexico.
- WHAT TO BUYNinja Professional BlenderThe better your blender, the better your end results. This BPA-free, 1,000-watt professional model makes drinks, smoothies, sauces, and purees in seconds.Buy on Amazon ›
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 min
- Active: 15 min
- 1 honey mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon bitters, such as Angostura
- In a blender, blend the mango, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and a splash of water until smooth. This will make the purée for the lemonade.
- In a pitcher, combine the 4 cups water, lemon juice, bitters, and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Mix in the mango purée.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses.