This is a very locally famous dish. The Quebecois version of baked beans, done with maple syrup. It is served a lot around this time of year (March-April) as it is sugaring off season.
- Yield: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5.5 hours
- Active: 1/2 hour
- 2 cups ( 500 ml) dry white beans
- 7 oz ( 198 gr) salt pork cut into chunks
- 1 cup (250 ml) onions, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (2.5 ml) pepper
- 2/3 cup (170 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- Soak the beans in cold water over night.
- Next, clean and rinse the beans
- Put all ingrediants in a casserole and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil on the stove top and place in an oven that is pre heated to 300 degrees F (150 c). Place the lid on and bake for bake for 4 hour. Then a further 1 hour uncovered.
- Eat and enjoy!!