This dish is simple and really delicious for any night of the week. goes well with any pasta or pasta salad and a nice piece of italian bread. For best results get the freshest ingredients possible. if you cant find/dont like gorgonzola cheese feta, bleu, and mozzarella cheeses are nice alternatives.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 60 min
- Active: 45 min
- 2 tbs Butter
- 1 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breast steaks (skin off bone out)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1-2 tbs Cream
- 1 medium Shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup basil (fine chiffonade)
- 2 tomatoes medium dice
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
- First, melt butter in a large heavy-bottomed skillet on high heat and add the olive oil until the butter and oil are bubbling.
- clean the chicken and season with salt and pepper. add chicken to pan and sear both sides until outside is golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and transfer the chicken to a glass baking dish and bake for 25-30 min.
- while the chicken is baking add the white wine and chicken stock to the pan to deglaze the pan while whisking the bits off of the bottom. add the cream and reduce for about 5 min.
- one reduced add the garlic and shallots to the pan and reduce for a few more min. finish the sauce with a little butter and adjust with seasonings.
- once the chicken is cooked through top with sauce and add the tomatoes,basil and gorgonzola (in that order) on top. serve with bread or salad and enjoy!