This gin-based drink is laced with hints of lemon, cherry, and bitter orange.
What to buy: Maraschino liqueur is a clear, dry liqueur made from marasca cherries. Look for it in well-stocked liquor stores.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 (1-by-3-inch) strip orange peel
- 2 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Lemon and orange twists, for garnish
- Twist the strip of orange peel to release the aromatic oils, and place in a cocktail shaker. Add all remaining ingredients except the lemon and orange twists and fill with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with lemon and orange twists.