Making maror for your Passover Seder is a cinch (even though it can be just a tad dangerous).
Let me explain… While DIY maror is a lot of fun, be sure to proceed with caution. I make my maror in the food processor; danger can arise when you open the lid and the trapped horseradish fumes escape up your nostrils—and severe sinus relief (or burning) can occur. So be careful!
- Yield: 1 batch
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10-15 minutes
- Active: 10-15 minutes
- 1 horseradish root (about 4 inches), peeled and chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 raw beet, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
- Combine all ingredients in food processor
- Pulse until horseradish and beets are well ground
- Carefully remove lid; do not inhale or smell mixture, as it may burn eyes and nasal passages
- Store in a glass container