This is a simple, 3-ingredient dish that is more than the sum of its parts. Make the most of the delicious sauce by serving over rice, mashed potato, or couscous.
- Yields: 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: l hr.
- Active: 15 minutes
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices of bacon, halved crosswise
- 8-oz. container of flavored cream cheese, either chive/onion or garden vegetable
- Flatten each breast by putting it into a plastic bag and hitting with a rolling pin or food mallet/pounder.
- Underside facing up, put about 2Tbsp cream cheese on each piece of chicken and roll up. Place seam-side down in a 9×13 baking dish, leaving space between pieces and the sides of the pan. Lay two half-slices of bacon lengthwise over the top of each chicken roll.
- Bake at 400 for 35-45 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the chicken golden.
- Place each piece of chicken onto a serving plate atop a mound of rice, mashed potato, or couscous. With a rubber spatula, stir the pan juices to blend the bacon drippings with the melted cheese, being sure to incorporate the fond at the edges. Distribute this sauce over the chicken.