For this healthy, refreshing salad recipe, jicama combines with ruby grapefruit and mango with lime, cayenne pepper, and cilantro. by Kim Laidlaw
- Yields: 4 to 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 20 mins, plus 1 hr chilling time
- Active: 20 min
- 2 ruby grapefruits
- 2 ripe but firm mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small jicama (about 1/2 pound), peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1–2 limes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cut a slice off of the top and bottom of each grapefruit. Stand the grapefruit upright and, following the contour of the fruit, cut away the peel and pith. Quarter the flesh and cut into slices.
- Add the jicama and mango to the bowl with the grapefruit pieces and toss to combine. Season with salt and cayenne. Drizzle with the lime juice and add the cilantro. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until the salad is chilled, about 1 hour. Serve.