A fizz is one of simplest, most refreshing tall drinks we know. There’s something about the mix of gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup topped off with fizzy water that expresses the soul of the cocktail. Here, we give it a pink twist—a little boost of deep red grenadine syrup—that turns the classic fizz into a blushing sipper perfect for Valentine’s Day or other romantic occasions.
Game Plan: Try it with this easy, homemade Grenadine recipe.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 1/2 ounces London dry gin
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce grenadine syrup
- 3 ounces chilled club soda
- Add a handful of ice cubes to a cocktail shaker and pour in the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and grenadine. Shake until the shaker can looks frosty, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a tall glass over ice cubes. Top off with club soda and serve.