This combination of sparkling wine and strawberries may look girly and fruity, but after one glass you’ll understand why it’s called punch.
What to buy: Look for a limoncello that’s not sickly sweet, such as Caravella, or make your own.
This recipe was featured as part of both our Summer Fruit Cocktails and our Punch Recipes slideshows.
- Yields: 16 to 18 drinks
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered (about 3 cups), plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 8 ounces limoncello, chilled
- 2 bottles brut cava, chilled
- Combine the measured strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the solids.
- Pour the limoncello and strawberry purée into a punch bowl and stir until well combined. Slowly pour in the cava. Garnish individual glasses with strawberries, if desired.