Spanish chorizo and diced potatoes mingle with sunny-side-up fried eggs in these lush breakfast tacos.
This recipe was featured as part of our 7 Fried Egg Breakfast Tacos photo gallery.
- Yield: 6 tacos
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 35 mins
- Active: 20 mins
- Vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, diced potatoes
- 8 ounces Spanish chorizo, in 1/4-inch slices
- 6 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 6 corn tortillas
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add a little oil.
- Add the cooked potatoes and sauté until they’re browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chorizo slices and sauté with the potatoes for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Grab a small nonstick skillet, add a bit of oil to the center, and break in 1 egg. Season with a little salt and fry until the white is set. Repeat with the remaining 5 eggs.
- Meanwhile, heat your tortillas (we do it directly over a gas flame till they’re puffed and a little blistered). Place a fried egg on each tortilla, then evenly distribute the potato-chorizo mixture on top. Serve immediately.