Recipe: Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
Makes 4 servings
What You'll Need:
1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
What To Do:
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and put them in a bowl.
- Add oil, salt, and pepper to chickpeas and mix well. Spread them on baking sheet in one layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan, shake around to ensure that the chickpeas brown evenly, and return to oven for another 15 minutes until brown and crunchy.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature!
Want more ideas for fabulous foods to roast? Here are a few more suggestions from Snack Girl! What are your favorite homemade snacks? Share with us in the comments below!
Comments Leave a comment
This recipe sounds delicious and I have a can of chickpeas in the house, will definitely make this. As a fellow potato chip lover (it is truly the one food I'd want on a desert island :)) this recipe will make a tasty and much healthier substitute. Thanks so much!
These are one of my favorite snacks ever! Here in the States they don't carry them in the stores, but I used to pick them off the shelf of the natural foods aisle in Australia! I still love to make them myself, I have another recipe here: http://askleahrenee.com/2012/02/16/extra-healthy-simple-snack-recipe/
Thank you for yours!
How would I store any left overs? can I just put them in a container or do the need the fridge?
Really nice! We eat them a lot here in Greece but they don't come in a can ( i assume you used those canned, right?) So you have to boil them first, if you have them raw?
This was awesomely tasty! These were good as the recipe is but next time I want to try them with some onion soup mix seasoning :) Thanks for the recipe.