Strained low-fat yogurt with fresh basil, lemon, and garlic, perfect as a dip for grilled okra or other veggies. This recipe’s adapted from Southern Living.
- WHAT TO BUYCuisinart Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel StrainersSet of 3 stainless steel strainers that are great for both wet and dry ingredients.Buy on Amazon ›
- Yield: About 1 1/4 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins, plus 24 hrs dripping time
- Active: 10 mins
- 1 (32-ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Line a wire-mesh strainer with 3 layers of cheesecloth and place strainer over a bowl.
- Spoon the yogurt into strainer. Cover and chill 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, transfer the yogurt to a medium bowl; discard the strained liquid.
- To the yogurt, add the basil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine, cover, and chill until ready to serve.