With a lone Madagascar Vanilla Bean leftover from a Kahluah project awhile back, I decided to experiment with my first Vodka infusion. The result was a scented and fragrant Vodka that is perfect alone on the rocks or served neat.
- Yield: One liter of Infused Vodka
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Two weeks
- Active: 10 minutes.
- One Liter sized bottle of Vodka. Smirnoff or the kind from Trader Joe’s work best.
- One full length Vanilla Bean.
- Slice the Vanilla Bean lengthwise so that its insides are visible, and drop both parts in to the Vodka bottle.
- Let the Vodka mature for at least 10 days and up to 15 depending on your preference.
- Remove the Vanilla Bean from the Vodka once its done infusing. Or you can keep it in and track the increase in intensity of flavor, over time.
- When serving, its best to let breathe for a few minutes before the first sip to let the taste fully open up.