In this fast and easy grilled pork chop recipe adapted from Cooking Light, Tuscan flavors such as sage, rosemary, garlic, and flat-leaf parsley provide a delicious sense of style. The chops cook in a searing-hot grill pan, before receiving a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette. They’re served on top of a cannellini bean, spinach, and green olive salad.
What to buy: Look for picholine olives—they have a firm texture and a bright, citrusy taste.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 35 mins
- Active: 25 mins
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packed cup baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 12 green olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Smear the pork chops with 1 teaspoon of the extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper; set aside at room temperature (no longer than 1 hour).
- To a medium bowl, add the lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and black pepper to taste. Whisk to dissolve the salt. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the beans, half the garlic, the spinach, green onions, and olives and stir to combine. Taste, and season with additional salt and/or black pepper as needed. Set aside.
- Take a small bowl and add the balsamic vinegar, remaining garlic, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Whisk until the salt is dissolved. Whisk in 2 teaspoons of the extra-virgin olive oil, the sage, rosemary, and parsley. Set aside.
- Set a grill pan over high heat. Wait for it to get very hot, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Arrange the pork chops in the grill pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn the chops and grill until done, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spoon the white bean salad onto a serving platter or individual plates. Set the grilled pork chops on top and drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette. Make sure the chops are coated and the herbs well distributed and serve.