Toasted sesame and a touch of soy sauce give this healthy snack an Asian twist.
See also our classic baked kale chip recipe.
- Yield: 4 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 mins
- Active: 20 mins
- 1 bunch dino kale, stems discarded and leaves torn into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Wash kale and thoroughly dry in a salad spinner. Pour oils and tamari into a large bowl, add kale, and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange leaves in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Bake, switching pan positions after about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake until leaves are crisp but not browned, turning over as needed, about 5 minutes more. Let cool completely. Store in an air-tight container up to 3 days ahead.