Tamarillos are sweet and tangy and I wanted something beyond tamarillo juice.
- Yield: 1 quart
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 20 minutes
- 8 ripe tamarillos (also called tree tomato)
- 1 quart heavy beef stock (or chicken stock if used to accompany poultry)
- 1 tbspn minced chives
- 1 tbspn chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the tamarillos by immersing in hot water until the skin loosens.
- Cut the tamarillos in half and remove all the seeds.
- In a blender, puree the fruit pulp.
- Warm the broth, then mix in the pulp and the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer until desired thickness. This will depend on the end use and type of meat.
- Freeze any unused portion for later use.