I’ve made similar sweet chili sauce recipe, the hot one and so I figured for people who like less hot more sweet, I’ll just add more sugar to the hot recipe. As it turns out, the sauce became too much sweet, almost like a dessert. The recipe that calls for a hotter sauce REQUIRED more sugar because of the heat, but since this one has less, it doesn’t need more sugar, hence same ingredients but different ratios of sugar, chili powder and salt. Iunno, I’m weird like that I guess…
- 1/ clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoons or less chili powder
- some chili flakes or fresh chillies chopped
- Combine all ingredients together until well blended. This is also the time to check the taste of the sauce. On liquid form, the sauce will taste a bit more tangier/sourish compared to the finished product.
- Simmer on medium heat or until sauce thickens.