I got the basic recipe about 15 years ago from an article on Superbowl snacks. I’ve tweaked it a little. This recipe is for 12-14 drummettes (or 6-7 wings w/ tips removed and cut at joint) which is the standard size Foster Farms package. This is about 2 servings or 1 really big serving.
- Yield: 1-2 servings
- Total: 1 hour
- Active: 15 minutes
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (e.g. Tapatio)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayene pepper
- 12-14 chicken wing drummettes (6-7 wings w/ tips removed and cut at joint)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, hot sauce, soy sause, garlic powder and cayene pepper. Mix well to syrup-like consistency.
- Thoroughly coat chicken wings and place in baking pan w/ excess marinade.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, turning wings half way through.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes each side to crisp skin.
- Serve w/ ranch or bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.