Delicious and fresh tasting- Roasted red pepper filling stuffed in cucumbers for a fresh- clean and deliberate mouth explosion
For a delicious low cost Vegan or Vegetarian snack tray.
This is sure to burst with favor!
- Yields: serving for about 20 guests
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 35 min
- Active: 15 min
- 1 Red bell Pepper- roasted
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 of a medium purple onion
- 1 8 oz of Tofutte cream cheese (vegan) or regular cream cheese
- 1 Can of pitted Whole Black Olives well drained!
- 8-10 cucumbers
- Always use organic when ever possible
- Roast your Red pepper over an open flame or place in the oven at 450* for about 10-15 min . Let cool
- Take cucumber and with a peeler remove remove 4 strips of the skin around the cucumber to form a striped design ( l l l l )
Cut cucumbers into 1 1/2 – 2 in circles and hull out the center, but do not go all the way through to the bottom of the cucumber. Place discs on a tray. Discard seeds and peels.(great for compost).
- Place garlic, onions, and cooled roasted pepper (scrape off black skin if applies) in a blender and puree it.
Then add the cream cheese to the mixture and blend until mixture is a paste- if Paste is runny … place in refrigerator and allow it to set up for about 30 min or if you have more cream cheese you may add more to it.
- Use a pipping bag, a baggie with a hope cut out in the corner or you can spoon it into the cucumbers-
- Add 1 olive to the center of each cream stuffed cucumber- and allow to chill for 15 min before serving.
You may add other garnishes to your cucumbers such as Fresh basil, Rosemary, Roasted garlic, capers, roasted red peppers, and for those who are NOT Vegan or Vegetarian you can add shrimp, crab, ham, salami or any number of things.