For these classic strawberry shortcake crêpes, sliced ripe strawberries are folded into whipped cream, then rolled up in freshly made crêpes.
For a few more nontraditional takes on the classic summer dessert, check out our Strawberry Shortcake Milkshakes recipe, our Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits recipe, and our Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes recipe too.
- Yield: 6 servings (12 crêpes)
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 40 mins
- Active: 25 mins
- 1 recipe basic crêpes (see note)
- 4 cups sliced ripe strawberries
- Whipped cream (see note)
- Heat a nonstick crêpe or frying pan over medium heat and add enough crêpe batter to make a thin crêpe (see recipe link in the note above). Remove the cooked crêpe to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter. You should end up with 12 crêpes.
- Gently fold 2 cups of the sliced strawberries into the whipped cream. Lay out the crêpes on your work surface. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the strawberry-whipped cream filling down the center of each crêpe and roll up.
- When all the crêpes are assembled, transfer to serving plates (2 crêpes per plate), garnish with the remaining strawberries, and serve.