Fresh cherries sautéed with a habanero chile and balsamic vinegar are the zesty topping for spiral-cut hot dogs. For something else a little different, try our Banh Mi Spiral-Cut Hot Dogs recipe too. by Chowhound Editors
- Yields: 4 sandwiches
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 mins
- Active: 20 mins
- ½ tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries, halved
- 1 fresh chile pepper (habanero, jalapeño, or serrano), sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 hot dog buns
- Dijon mustard
- 4 grilled spiral-cut hot dogs
- Add the oil to a sauté pan on medium heat, then add the cherries, chile, and balsamic vinegar. Sauté for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spread a hot dog bun with Dijon mustard and fill it with a grilled spiral-cut hot dog. Spoon the balsamic cherries over the top. Repeat with the remaining buns and serve.