Chef Des Jardins pairs this flavorful and elegant sauce with squash ravioli during the fall, but it also goes well with handkerchief pasta, tagliatelle, or even tortellini.
What to buy: Chicken broth is used in this recipe, but it easily can be replaced with vegetable broth to make the sauce vegetarian.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 15 to 18 small fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat until the white milk solids have browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add sage and chicken broth and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.