This vegan and gluten-free breakfast tastes like dessert, but it’s a filling and healthy way to start the day with energy. The riper the banana you use, the better it will taste! In fact, this is a great way to use up over-ripe or bruised bananas. (Love this recipe? Find more crazy delicious dishes from Jenny in The Greatist Cookbook!)
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1large banana
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buckwheat flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- Combine almond milk, maple syrup, and 1/2 banana in a blender until smooth.
- Place buckwheat flakes and cacao in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour in milk-banana mixture and stir until fully combined. Cook until porridge thickens and bubbles, stirring continuously.
- Pour into a bowl and top with almonds, nutmeg, and raspberries.