Bored with the traditional pumpkin pie? Love the creamy goodness of cheesecake? Addicted to lucious carmel? Then this is your best bet for a Thanksgiving dessert sure to make those taste buds come alive!b
- Yields: 8 slices
- Difficulty: Medium
- Total: 2hrs 15 minutes
- Active: 1 hour
- 2 8-ounce blocks cream cheese softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- t spn vanilla extract
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 8 oz can pureed pumpkin
For the Crust
- 2 cups ground gingersnap cookies
- 1 stick melted no salt butter
For the Topping
- 1/2 lb pecan pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb chewy caramel candies (such as Werthers)
- 1/2 lb white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter until crumbs are evenly coated. Coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the crumbs into the pan and press the crumbs down into the base and approximately 1/3 of the way the sides. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese (with a hand of electric mixer) on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Add sugar until creamy. Add sour cream and vanilla and pumpkin until incorporated. Do not over mix the batter.
- Remove crust from refridgerator and pour in filling. Place pan in a large piece of tin foil and wrap tin foil approximately 1/2 way up the pan in order to keep water out. Place in a roasting pan and pour hot water approximately 1/2 way up the outside of the springform pan into the roasting dish to create a water bath. Carefully transfer to the over.
- Bake cheesecake 40 – 45 minutes or until firm but still “jiggly” in the center. Let cool at room temperature.
- While cheesecake cooks create the topping. In a microwave safe bowl combine pecans, caramels and cinnamon. Microwave in 1 minute intervals until caramels are warm enough to stir into a smoothe mixture. Pour onto a butter baking sheet and spread into a 1 inch layer. Let cool at room temperature. you have now made your turtle mixture. Once firm break into chunks. (Use a rolling pin or kitchen mallet between two sheets of wax paper.)
Melt white chocolate and set aside.
- Once the cheesecake has come to room temperature evenly top with turtle mixture. Drizzle white chocolate on top. Refridgerate to desired temperature. Serve and enjoy!