Think pizza sauce is difficult to make? Not at all! This recipe was inspired by Jamie Oliver and if we can do it, you can do it too!
- Yields: 2 round pizza
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 minutes
- Active: 10 minutes
- canned peeled tomatoes 0.88 pounds
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- half onion
- a garlic glove
- basil leaves
- Put the oil on a pan and add the other ingredients. It is not necesssary to mince or chop them. Let it cook for about 10 minutes and turn off the gas.
- Take a strainer and pass the tomato mix through it (that’s why you don’t need to mince the ingredients). You will have a more liquid and homogeneous salsa that you will then spread on your dough.
- This is the basis of most pizzas. You can then add mozzarella (cut in cubes), oregano, basil leaves and a thread of extra virgin olive oil.
- You can vary your toppings according to your taste. You can add sliced fresh tomatoes, sliced peperoni, rocket or whatever you want.