A recipe of family tradition, a closely guarded secret, all traded in exchange for a work favor!
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 minutes
- 1 Can of Chick Peas
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Tbs Olive Oil
- Drain chickpeas but save the juice back in the can. Do not rinse the chickpeas, set aside.
- In the food processor (not the blender!) combine the tahini and the lemon juice, blend until smooth and frothy. This is the key to getting the hummus creamy. Combine these 2 ingredients and essentially cream the tahini, or it just won’t blend perfectly
- Add the garlic and salt and blend again.
- Now add in the chickpeas a very small handful at a time and blend until smooth. Scrap down the sides of the food processor and push the chickpeas down to the bottom frequently. Once you’ve got all chickpeas blended in, add the olive oil and turn on the blender and just leave it for a few minutes, add chickpea juice until right consistency.
- Let marinate in the fridge to bring out the garlic flavor.