This basic but versatile dressing of lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, anchovies, and olive oil can be used to top anything from bread salad to grilled chicken or fish.
- Yield: About 1 cup
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 25 mins
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 to 2 medium lemons)
- 6 anchovies, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place all of the ingredients except the oil in a medium nonreactive bowl, stir to combine, and let sit for 15 minutes. Then, while whisking continuously, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until it’s fully incorporated. Refrigerate in a container with a tightfitting lid for up to 4 days.