These muffins are incredibly moist and delicious, and they hold up to the rigors of school or work “sack lunch.” Healthful, this recipe calls for cottage cheese instead of oil or shortening. The combination of bananas and cottage cheese make this unique muffin recipe perfect for potlucks or when a recipe needs to be made ahead of the event.
- Yield: 24 muffins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 minutes
- Active: 15
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 3 TBSP. melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- Puree the peeled bananas in a blender till smooth.
- In large mixing bowl, whip together the eggs and the sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the cottage cheese to the banana mixture in the blender and whip till smooth
- Add the cottage cheese mixture to the creamed eggs and sugar mixture and stir ingredients well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a separate medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Stir the vanilla into the banana/sugar mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the moist ingredients and stir until lumps are gone.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins, filling each cup about three-quarters full. Then, bake for about 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool three minutes and before turning out of the tins and serve.