When a recipe calls for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, here’s a clone recipe you can make at home.
This recipe is equal to one 8.5 ounce box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Makes 8.5 ounces (equal to 1-box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix) Makes 1-1/2 cups of mix Makes 6 corn muffins.
- Yield: 6 muffins or 1 8.5oz box of muffin mix
- Difficulty: Total: 25 minutes
- Active: 5 minutes
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- Combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well with whisk. Whisk in vegetable oil and mix until dry mixture is smooth and lumps are gone.
- If another recipe is calling for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, add the above mixed ingredients to that recipe.
- If you wish to make Corn Muffins, continue with instructions below.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Combine above mixture with egg and milk. Mix well. Fill muffin tins 1/2 full. Bake 15-20 minutes Makes 6 muffins.