This recipe is presented by Eggland’s Best.
It’s kinda like pizza, but not. We know toast is the thing lately because it’s simple and flexible to whatever mood you’re in or whatever ingredients are in your kitchen.
The Italian Style Breakfast Toast is a guilt-free way to incorporate pizza into breakfast, or eggs and toast into your lunch or dinner —however you choose to look at it.
The recipe doesn’t take much, but it’s surely more interesting than plain ol’ bread and butter.
- Yield: 1 serving
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1 large Eggland’s Best egg, sunny-side up
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- pinch of Italian seasoning
- Heat 1/4 cup of pizza sauce in a small pot over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sized skillet.
- Once the oil is mildly hot, crack in the egg.
- Cook the egg until the whites are set, and then remove it from heat.
- Toast 1 slice of bread and put it on a plate.
- Top the toast with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and then the sunny-side up egg.