This has become my family’s go to chicken recipe. I developed this recipe as an easy and delicious meal for those busy workdays when time is at a premium. And the leftovers (if there are any) are perfect the next day on a bun for a wonderful chicken sandwich.
- Yield: 6
- Total: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, thin sliced
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, stir together the KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce, olive oil, mustard, honey, rosemary, thyme, salt & pepper until well combined. Reserve 3/4 of a cup of the sauce to be used later for basting. Place chicken into bowl with remaining sauce and marinate for at least 1 hour or all day.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Brush or spray grates with vegetable oil to prevent sticking. Place chicken breasts on grill, close lid and lower heat to medium. Grill for 3-4 minutes and then flip the chicken over and baste with the reserved sauce. Grill for an additional 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. One last flip of the chicken to sauce the other side and then continue to grill for just enough time to set the sauce.
- Remove from grill, tent with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!