A recipe from Juice: Recipes for Juicing, Cleansing & Living Well that blends the goodness of kale, spinach, romaine, celery, cucumber, and parsley with bright-tasting lemon and Fuji apple.
Special equipment: You’ll need a juicer (we tested this recipe using Breville’s Juice Fountain Plus) or a high-speed blender by Vitamix or Blendtec.
- Yield: 1 large or 2 small juices
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 mins
- Active: 5 mins
- 2 or 3 kale leaves
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 small bunch parsley, curly or flat-leaf
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 Fuji apple, preferably unwaxed
- 1/2 lemon, peeled (including the white pith)
- Carefully wash the kale, spinach, romaine, and parsley. Scrub the celery and cucumber (leave the seeds and peel intact) and apple. Cut the apple in half (no need to core it).
- Combine everything in the juicer or blender. Serve immediately.