This recipe from Juice: Recipes for Juicing, Cleansing & Living Well combines two kinds of apple with distinct flavors (Fuji and Granny Smith) with lemon and fresh ginger to create a bright, healthy tonic.
Special equipment: You’ll need a juicer (we tested this recipe using Breville’s Juice Fountain Plus) or a high-speed blender by Vitamix or Blendtec.
- Yield: 1 large or 2 small juices
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 mins
- Active: 5 mins
- 1 Fuji apple, preferably unwaxed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, preferably unwaxed
- 1 lemon, peeled (including the white pith)
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- Scrub the apples and halve them (no need to peel or core).
- Juice them along with the lemon and ginger. Serve immediately.