This Dish is soo easy to make and its the best thing in the world to eat on a snowy day 🙂
- Yield: enough for about 5 hungry people
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 large white onion
- 4 large carrots
- 1 swede
- 5 white potatoes
- 1/2 a smoked gammon joint
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- half a bag of yellow split peas
- Firstly put a medium sized stock pot on a high heat with the olive oil. Chop the onions roughly and brown. Then Peel and roughly chop the carrots, swede and potatoes.
- Place the half gammon joint into the pot with the carrots swede, potatoes and the split peas. Then crumble in the two stock cubes Into the pot and fill the pot with boiling water.
- Then turn the hob down to a low setting and just let the broth bubble up for around 3.5 hours. Pop back and give it a stir every half an hour or so and once the meat has softened break it up with a wooden spoon.
- Once the broth is ready it should be thick and all the split peas should have dispersed. Serve with warm fresh crusty bread 🙂