Earthy yellow miso, ginger, garlic, vegetable and sesame oils, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce make up the marinade for this easy baked chicken thighs recipe adapted from The Kitchn.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 45 mins plus at least 4 hrs marinating time
- Active: 20 mins
- 16 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 2 pounds
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce or red chili paste
- Pat the chicken thighs with paper towels to dry and place in a large zipper-lock plastic bag.
- In a food processor, blend the remaining ingredients to form a smooth paste. Add this marinade to the zipper-lock bag, seal, and shake to make sure the chicken is well coated. Place in a baking dish and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to overnight, turning the bag a few times.
- Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from the bag and discard the marinade. Place the chicken on a grill rack that’s been oiled or coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Serve immediately.