Buy an “important“ piece of ginger for this recipe (larger pieces are easier to peel and slice, and smaller ones dry out fast). Keep it wrapped in the freezer. Arrange the vegetables and lemon slices carefully, thinking about what the top will look like. When moistening the bundles, try wine or chicken broth instead of water.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Total: 35 minutes
- 2 medium carrots, cut in julienne strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in julienne strips
- 1/2 red, green or yellow pepper, cut in julienne strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced, about 1 cup
- 8 paper towels
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, skinned, cut in half, about 1 pound
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 12 thinly sliced lemon slices
- 4 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley
- Divide carrots, zucchini, peppers and onion into 4 equal portions. Place one portion in center of 2 connected paper towel sheets and repeat process 3 times.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the minced ginger on each chicken breast and arrange 3 lemon slices over each breast. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon parsley on top to finish. Wrap paper towel around each chicken and vegetables entree to completely enclose. Moisten under running water.
- Place paper towel bundles on 8-inch, round microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave with 650 watts until chicken is cooked, 9 to 10 minutes. Remove from microwave oven and let stand 1 minute before serving.