I added my personal touch to the Hurricane, the official drink of Mardi Gras in New Orleans. After two of these, you might start doing the “second line,” an African-American expressive approach to funeral processions and parades in New Orleans in which celebrants dance exuberantly in the streets.
- Yield: 2 drinks
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 minutes
- Active: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup passion fruit juice
- 1/4 cup orange-pineapple-banana juice
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 8 to 10 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Note: This recipe is written for two servings, as a blender can only fit so much liquid. Make sure you have plenty of ingredients on hand so that you can keep the drinks flowing.